Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Kid on the Blog

Welcome to A Reserved Heart!  I am not a very computer savvy person, but I have learned so much from so many of the amazing blogs that I follow and I am excited to now have my own. 

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the Lord and I love worship.  My blog title comes from two little words that really spoke to me in a song.  In the world we live in, people give their hearts away everyday, without a second thought, to people and to things that have no lasting value.  Matthew 6:21 says "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  It is my desire that my heart be reserved for God and God alone.  I pray that this blog will be an expression of who I am, but that it will also be a way to encourage and be encouraged. 

I want to dedicate my very first blog to one of my dearest friends in the world....Anna!  For over a year she has been bugging me about starting a blog, and I procrastinated, worried and made excuses for why I shouldn't.  However, great friends are relentless, so when she came into town for a visit last weekend, she decided that we would create my blog together.  She is truly inspiring and I feel extremely blessed to call her my friend. 


 Anna and I have been friends from the beginning.  We were born two weeks apart and have been close ever since (we are blessed to have a great group of friends who grew up together, went to church and school together and still share life with each other).  We have laughed together during the good times, and held on to and interceded for one another during the hard times.  Friends like this rejoice with you when you are on the mountain top, and they count it a privilege to walk with you through the valleys.  They know when to listen and when to speak.  They speak the truth into your life, even when it is hard to hear.  


 Anna, thank you for your friendship and love.  I am grateful for your encouragement and I pray that some how, some way this blog will bless you.  You are a woman of integrity and all who have the honor of knowing you are blessed by your life.  I know that God is good and that His plans for your life are great. 


 Proverbs 17:17  "A friend loves at all times"

3 comments:

  1. STEPHANIE!! Yay, you started a blog!! I'm so excited to read everything you have to say. You're such a sweet person, and I'm so happy we get to connect through this now! :)

    ps. love the pics of you and Anna. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet friend she is! Welcome to blogland. May it be a place where you find great encouragement, inspiration, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you for starting this blog and venturing into the unknown for the benefit of others! I am so blessed by our friendship--your wisdom, encouragement, and love have been just what I needed. And, I know that anyone who has the pleasure of reading this blog will feel the same way. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete