Thursday, September 22, 2011

Playing it Safe?

"My whole intent in living here is to make God smile." ~ Gianna Jessen

How do you live your life?  Are you a risk taker?  Do you like to play it safe?  Do you have a five year plan or lofty ambitions?  Do you live for something bigger than yourself, or are you simply trying to just make it through the day and existing? 

These are questions I have been asking myself over and over again lately.  I know the Lord has been speaking to me....I can't get away from it.  I have been struggling for a while now with understanding my purpose.  A dear friend encouraged me to get alone with God regularly and ask Him to give me vision for my life.  I am so grateful for that advice.  My heart's desire is to live my life to bring glory to God.  That is the whole reason we were put on this earth to begin with....to glorify God.  I want to do that and do it well.  I no longer want to be content with playing it safe.  I want to give Him everything I have because He deserves nothing less. 

Sometimes though, if I am honest, that can be hard.  We are at war with our flesh, and my flesh wants to be comfortable.  Comfort can be dangerous because comfort makes me want to just stay exactly where I am, and it puts me and my desires first.  In Matthew 6:24, Jesus tells us that "No one can serve two masters."  We have to decide if we would rather be comfortable, or if we would rather be a disciple of Christ. 

Check out this video of Francis Chan talking about playing it safe.  It sure got my attention. 

http://youtu.be/wJR0GirmW-A

No comments:

Post a Comment